Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play By Mail 3d Isometric Game

Options
  • 13-08-2003 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

I just kinda remembered reading about a turn based game that you play by e-mail. You make your moves in the game, it looked 3d isometrix ala xcom type games and then it generated a text file or something that you e-mailed to someone else which was then imported to the game and acted out live so to speak and then they made their moves and send it back.

At the end of the game you could view all your moves in one flowing type movie type thing. It looked futurestic and kinda cool. think i got the link off boards ages ago but never played just read the website.

Anyway does anyone know what i'm talking about and where could i get it. I'm also interested in any other similar games that can be played via e-mail.

Thanks,
    Gid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

There was an X-com PBM game realised a while back as far as I remember...but it sounds to me like you're talking about Laser Squad Nemesis

http://www.lasersquadnemesis.com/

je

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

WOW!, that looks class, pity its got a subscribition charge rather than a once off purchase. Wish it didn't have to rely on the website.

Its easily the best looking kinda i've seen judging from the screen shots, downloading the trial version now.

The wallpaper section is pretty good too!

Will have a look for that xcom one too.

Cheers for the great link, nice one!

Advertisement