Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ppv events

Options
  • 13-08-2003 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭

During the last football season I ordered three PPV games using my remote and my SKY set top box. I only hook up the set top box to the phone line for the duration of the order, I then disconnect it again as it has to run through a separat room.

I have a couple of questions that someone out there may be able to shed some light on :

1) I never got billed by SKY for the PPV games. I pay my monthly subscription by Credit card and am billed as expected each month. However I have never been billed for PPV. Anyone else have this experience ?

2) When ordering the events using my Remote, it seems to only take a couple of seconds. I expected it to take longer , i.e. the duration of a phone call. Can anyone explain what actually happens during this transaction ?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

You need to leave your Digi box connected to the telephone lline all the time so that sky can do a call back to you box it happens @ night you will se the modem light come on four about a minute when it happens. The record of you pordering the PPV is still stored on your Digi box. wonce tha call back is done you will get billed in your next months bill from Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭eigrod

Many thanks Robert. That explains it. It's just a bit of a nuisance running the telephone cable across two rooms. I will leave it in now though.

Advertisement