Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to paying Sky, already installed.

Options
  • 13-08-2003 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking for recommendations to an alternative to Sky, with whom I am feedup paying for and reading various pieces on what is now available free.

I have a Sky Digibox and dish for the past three years and now looking to see what options I have once I stop subscribing.

Looking to avail or free to air channels and willing to put in more hardware if necessary but looking to avoid paying a subscription.

I have NTL giving the basic core set but looking to compliment them.

Also it is easy to motorise the SKy dish to access other channels or do I need a new LNB etc ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

redman,

Suggest that you start by reading through the posts on Thread:- "Cancelling SkyDigital after a year?..currently on this page of this forum!.

Hope it helps, it certainly worked for me.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Thanks Paddy,

Have you looked beyond the FTA to get even more channels?
    wondering does a non sky digital decoder get more ?
    or if getting a motorised dish pick up worthwhile english stations?

Regards

Redman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

redman,

I have looked at obtaining more than the Free EPG FTA channels that I am currently receiving via my old Sky Sat & digibox set up, along with the normal channels that I am receiving on my TV from my analogue aerial.

It would appear that just about anything is possible, but I imagine it costs!, How much and for what depends for you.

Tony, of www.satellite.ie
    is very helpful and IMHO worth contacting to discuss your requirements. He posts a lot on this forum , you will have read some of his posts on the Thread that I referred you too. Also, watty* is great, again you will find him on the Thread.

I think I will stick with what I have for now.

Good luck.

P.;)

Advertisement