Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Question

Options
  • 13-08-2003 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Can someone shed any light on this one?

Before Sky I had an aeriel with connections to the TV room and 2 bedrooms via cables coming from the ceiling.

When I got SKY Digital installed, The box went into the TV room and it was connected to the 2 bedrooms via the sames cables coming from the ceiling. Magic eyes were put into each bedroom so that the remote controls would work. Everything worked fine.

I had a PACE Digibox which I changed last night for a Panasonic Box. When I connected the new box in the TV room , I had to retune the TV to pick up the sky channel but there was a lot of interference on the channel so I contacted SKY. They went into the hidden menu and changed the RF from 68 to 21. The picture was then fine.

In the TV room everything is fine. However, when I went to the bedrooms, all of the UK channels from the aeriel, BBC1, BBC2, ITV and Channel4 had vanished, and the sugnal had got weaker on the Irish ones! AND, when I tried to use the remote controls in the bedrooms to change channel on Sky Digital, nothing is happening.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Has the cable from the aerial been reconnected to the digibox?

Is the output from the digibox to the rooms with magic eyes connected to the tv out 2 connector?

in the install menu (press: SERVICES, 4, 0, 1, SELECT) under RF outlets is the power set to ON?

If not do those three things.

Make sure that the TV 2 output is only connected to the magic eye cables before you turn the power on. The main tv should be connected to the TV 1 output or the scart connector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 senzate

Thanks John R!

I did what you suggested when I got home last night.

Everything now back to normal again.

Thanks a million for your help.

Advertisement