Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay shopping mall kiss-in

Options
  • 11-08-2003 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭

HUNDREDS of gays locked lips at a shopping centre yesterday, rallying for gay rights after a security guard at the mall asked a homosexual couple to stop kissing.

from news.com.au

Gay shopping mall kiss-in
    From correspondents in Sao Paulo
    August 5, 2003

HUNDREDS of gays locked lips at a shopping centre yesterday, rallying for gay rights after a security guard at the mall asked a homosexual couple to stop kissing.

In front of curious onlookers and afternoon shoppers the gay couples staged the "kiss-in" at the Frei Caneca shopping centre's food court.

"I think it's wonderful. In a world so full of violence, getting worked up about a kiss is just nonsense," said Beth Biagentini, a middle-aged woman eating lunch with her son.

Taking full advantage of the publicity, the shopping centre plastered red lipstick kisses around the mall.

But not everyone was happy to dine next to kissing gay couples.

"I don't have anything against them, but they should do it in privacy," said Ana Maria Oliveira.

The Daily Telegraph

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

i wonder if that "Ana Maria Oliveira" ever kissed anyone in public, bet she did.

Advertisement