Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Carlow

Options
  • 11-08-2003 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Heard of interesting gig in carlow [which mensioned to some of you] ... Not putting on metal forum as they bitch @ gig advertising - and well nerds/metal/gaming all really go hand in hand ...

The Glenside Metal Meeting All Dayer
    Glenside Inn, Killeshin,
    Co. Carlow (about 3 miles from Carlow town).
    25th of October 2003. Admission E20.

Waylander, Geasa, Old Season, Aftermath, Inhumane, Hexxed and Fisted Sister. More to be confirmed.

I've heard Waylander [very good - irish band obviously, who mix tin-whistles, fiddles, & bohrahn's (bad spelling, mneh) into metal ... v. good]

Fisted sister = twisted sister trib. band - quite good apprently.
    dunno the rest.

Believe this is second yr of the gig [possibly third] ... smallish pub - function room, falling apart more or less; perfect place for gig really heh :)

Will start around 1pm until midnight apprently; yet again to be confirmed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've passed that pub before. It looks like a right sh1thole. Its on the Carlow-Castlecomer road, few miles out, and yeah this event was on last year too. Don't think anyone from college went to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

it's a metal gig - what were you expecting in all honesty ? lol
    Apprently room it's in is a kip - but suits the scene lol, wouldn't feel right if things were clean etc.

I'm sure people will survive one day in the place at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Originally posted by Sinnocence

The Glenside Metal Meeting All Dayer
    Glenside Inn, Killeshin,
    Co. Carlow (about 3 miles from Carlow town).
    25th of October 2003. Admission E20.

Waylander, Geasa, Old Season, Aftermath, Inhumane, Hexxed and Fisted Sister. More to be confirmed.
    Fisted Sister are an 80's metal cover band..last time i saw then it was most of primordial.

Who headlines?

unsure, as is to be confirmed...
    quite possibly waylander - again i'm not sure though - i'll post new info whenever i get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Waylander @ The Glenside Metal Meeting on 24th Oct 2002

mourningbeloveth @ Glenside 02

"25/10/03 : Glenside Metal Meeting, Carlow (w/ Waylander, Old Season, Slave Zero)" Quoted from here.

"Invictus will have stalls at both the Primordial/Abaddon Incarnate show in Eamon Doran's, Temple Bar, Dublin 2 on Sunday October 22nd and the Glenside Metal Meeting, Co. Carlow on October 26th." Quoted from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

hehe, there's a band called fisted sister.:p

heh yup :D
    and had fun tormenting ppl with name in pub tonight :)

... apprently their very good tribute to twisted sister [suprisingly huh]

Waylander though .... a must-see!
    Advise as many of you who can to go - to support the irish metal scene, as the main company who gets metal bands to ireland [name escapes me] ... is doing very badly from the lack of turnout at some of the big bands their getting over here.
    Show support, by supporting metal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tod|resist

hey lads if ur looking for a good death metal band there is a cork band started up recenty a band called Dominus www.d0minus.tk
    they do a mean cover of sacrafical suicide the best i have ever seen, this band has support primal dawn and many others :D

if u are interested in asking this band 2 ply thats if only an other band pull out just leave reply here or sign the guest book at www.d0minus.tk

Advertisement