Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashdown Bass Cabs?

Options
  • 11-08-2003 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Has anyone got or played through an Ashdown MAG 410T cab? Would you recommand it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by ktoal
    Has anyone got or played through an Ashdown MAG 410T cab? Would you recommand it?
    Tried one in Music Maker, it was D.E.A.D.L.Y. but quite expensive.

This is SO cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ktoal

Check out this online store.... They are based in New Castle, England, but they ship worldwide. Plus they deal in Euros.

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/common/moreinfo.asp?ID=2054

That's a great price indeed, go for it! :)

Maybe you can go and try it somewhere first... also, keep considering the Peavey 410TXF - It doesn't look as good but it has an amazing sound

I have a MAG 250watt Ashdown head, with a 500watt max output. I'm looking to get a 4x10 and a 1x15 cab. If I got a 350watt 4x10 and a 150watt 1x15, this would equal 500watt. But because each cab is 8Ohms and the Head is 4Ohms, this would be halved allowing me to get the full 250watt from my head.

Is this correct? Would this combination work????????

mmmm this is a good question, I'm not sure... the 4x10 should work fine but I'm concerned about the 15".

If both the cabs have same impedence then you can expect the 250W (RMS!) to be split evenly between the two, right?

Now, if you put 250W/2 = 175W (RMS) through a 150W cab.... it doesn't sound good to me.

If I were you, I 'd go to a shop and ask something like: Hi, I have this head and want a 4x10 and a 1x15, what would you recommend me? ... What..? Yeah yeah I'd buy it here, sure :D

• Advertisement

I receive shippment for my new Ashdown MAG 4x10T cab on Friday and I am well impressed. The MAG 250 Head sounds great through it. If you are buying equipment I would highly recommend www.soundslive.co.uk

They are based in Newcastle, UK and were really helpful with enquires. Their prices can be displayed in Euros and even with shipping costs they are still far cheaper than any music shop in Dublin. Check out the web site and I bet you'll end up buying something.

Hey, that was a good choice, fair play to ye. I used a small Ashtown combo at a gig last week and it blew me away: it had just 1 x 15" and sounded HUGE :)

Advertisement