Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland - Oct Bank Hol 440 Euros

Options
  • 09-08-2003 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

747 Travel in Dublin are doing a deal to Iceland on the bank holiday for 440 euros. Stay in SAS Radison Hotel in Reykjavík

Anyone been on this ? I was all looking forward to booking this when someone said that all the good places are closed at that time of the year. Anyone know any better than the hearsay I've heard ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

i was in iceland 2 years ago, in october. we had unseasonly nice weather. mostly blues skies. we went for airwaves music festival. i have a lot of icelandic friends, so we got free acommadation and free car tours all over the place. so that was handy.

from what i saw a lot of places were open. the blue lagoon (the outdoor hot water spa thingy) was open and amazing. spend a friday/saturday night in reykjavík will show you how to party.

there is also quite a lot of really really nice touristy things nearby to reykjavík (i.e. within 2 hours in a car). incredibly large waterfalls and geysers and the worlds first parliment.

here are some pictures:

the worlds first parliment place
    reykjavík harbour
    geysers
    a hill
    harbour panoramic pic

also, the icelandic ladies are unbelievable looking. prepare to be shocked.

also, there is an irish bar there. i was forced to go into it while we waited for friends (i normally avoid them), and its crap. avoid it.

dw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Who did you fly with to get to Iceland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

we flew with "go!" from london stanstead. they dont fly to rvk anymore.

there is iceland express flying now from stanstead. some icelandic mates did the rvk-london return and then rvk-copenhagen trips and they had bruce dickinson from iron maiden as their pilot both times!.

icelandair flies from heathrow. bit more expensive i think.

dw

Advertisement