Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

critical skate

Options
  • 09-08-2003 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

have you ever thought about having a thing like ciritcal mass (look up dublin cycling campaign) to air your skateboarding issues

what ya think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

ive been trying ot contact skateboarders
    em you may have read my messages about critical skate :) and rts

while trying to find out about skateboarding and rts, ive found that perhaps some skaters would not like gettting involved in such political things, i feel that your and the irishskateforum efforts to get skateparks and rts could benefit each other, a critcal skate type action and a large presence at rts events could promote your cause ,and any worries about getting invovled in stuff that may hinder your case in lobbying to councils,
    look at this way getting cars off the streets can be seen as a battle against the capitalistic nature of the car _or_ it can be seen as simply as a way to improve the evironment and quality of life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

irish people need to learns HOW to skateboard before they deserve a skate park.
    All the Irish skateboarders are totally crap. I've seen them at Central Bank and in the Dublin suburbs for 10 years. I've never even seen them complete a move. They always skate towards something- like a step or a rail, do a flip, and NEVER land on their board.
    They suck.

So a little more practice, THEN we'll talk about a skate park...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 obct

herbie, you're an idiot. you didn't think about your post at all. you shouldn't of posted something that you know absolutely nothing about. there are some unreal skateboarders from ireland such as steve kelly and conhuir lynn who are famous outside ireland for their skateboarding skills and conhuir even featured on the cover of a very prestigious european skateboarding magazine. one of the main reasons for a skatepark is so that kids can progress and learn how to skate, you would still open up a swimming pool if there was a demand for one even though no one was a particularily strong swimmer. the city councils should be helping the youth of today get fit, because there is strong evidence of obesity epedemic. there is a skatepark in every little town on the continant but its biggoted people like you that keep ireland from advancing to the level of european countrys. i think that your idea chewy is very good and i'll bring it up with my friends to see if we can get an organising body up. thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Funnily enough i partially agree with herbie.
    I've seen a lot of the type of skater he's talking about, trying trick but not finishing them BUT i also noticed they are the ones that quite after a few months. And those that do stick to it will progress and get better. Anyway since when is skating about doing tricks??? For me as long as i enjoy it i will stick to it and progression will come with that.
    And having lived in holland for most of my life i have seen many skateparks pop up out of no where, more bad than go i'm affraid, so why cant ireland be the same. Lets all try make it decent thou...

Jozi

Ps: hope i dont get band now......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 prospe

hi, i arrived in ireland 2 months ago , i'm spanish and i went here to skate ,improve my english and earn some money...
    But, there isn't any decent skatepark anywhere... :(
    i'm actually living in Cork and i'm looking for all the good spots and skateshops in Ireland ,i would like to introduce here a spanish new brand so iif it's possible i would like to know all the places and skateshops of the country.
    i'm thinking about going in a few weeks to killarney or limmerik so can you reply me here listing the limmerik's and killarney's skateshops and spots???

thanks you very much and i hope we will take a ride together in a not very far future.

Jose.

Advertisement