Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Kilkenny to Wexford

Options
  • 09-08-2003 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Yo,

Does anyone here ever travel from KK to Wexford via public transport?

If you do youll know that you cant go directly.. you need to go to Dublin or somewhere else then back to Wexford. This is a particular pi$$er cos my gf lives there

I think its a bloody disgrace that CIE doest have even ONE bus/train service connecting these two adjacent counties... It costs like €35 for me to get to Gorey (KK to Dub, Dub to WX, Wx to Gorey).. Plus the journey usually takes 4 hours at the least

Maybe Im missing some secret route or something but no theres no timetable for this simple route. The idea of CIE being a Semistate body is that it should service even unprofitable routes correct?

The whole public transport system is gone to the dogs these days.. especially compared with the rest of Europe. Coupled with the ever-rising ticket prices..

sorry for ranting.. but its so easy when your talking about CIE :)

Comments

Advertisement