Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of sight to satellite

Options
  • 08-08-2003 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

This may be a silly question and may have been answered before, but...

My neighbour has a bloody great big bush growing up in front of my dish. I have noticed that with the recent summer growth on this bush, my signal quality has dropped significantly.

Is that a coincidence?

Should I take a chainsaw to the f*ckers bush?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yes anything directly in front of the dish will affect the quality of the picture but i wouldn't go chainsawing it with out first mentioning it to your neighbours first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

I assume your dish is in a relatively low position. I have mine on the chimney and nothing is in the way.

Maybe you should do the same with your dish . Would save hassle with neighbour and the bush would only re grow again and again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by jez
    I assume your dish is in a relatively low position. I have mine on the chimney and nothing is in the way.

Maybe you should do the same with your dish . Would save hassle with neighbour and the bush would only re grow again and again

Nah attack the problem at source get the bush cut, its proably taking light away too :-)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I have my dish at shoulder level, and I always get lower reception during the summer than the winter, due to the leaves on the trees. Not enough to lose the picture, but enough that it will drop out slightly more often than normal when it's raining heavily. But I like the trees, so I can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Nah attack the problem at source get the bush cut, its proably taking light away too :-)
    Jesus must be a hoot geting you guys to install satellite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by deecom
    Jesus must be a hoot geting you guys to install satellite!

No its no hoot, we use a sextant to check that (1) There are no obstructions and (2) there are not likely to be obstructions in spring summer. So this problem would not have occurred if we were installing.

There was a smiley at the end of the comment which means I am not being serious, perhaps you did not see that.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement