Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports Extra to become separate pay channel

Options
  • 08-08-2003 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I signed back up for the full sky sports package a few days ago and was told by the Scot on the other end that Sky Sports Extra will drop out of the standard sky sports package and become a separate pay channel in about 3 months time.

Anyone else got more info on this?

Is this going to be a USA sport channel, to rival NASN? Are we going to lose some sports from other sky sport channels? Will we have to pay extra to see ATP Champions tour tennis and the US Open tennis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

One think is for sure that there will be no Prem Football show on it if it does drop out Sky package.

Their agreement with the FA won't allow it for this year anyway.

I dont think i can see it happening as i dont really watch it. I wonder would they drop the monthly sub as we are getting less than what we pay for.

i mean they have dropped a movie channel lately and added a heap of crap channels i would never watch and then apprently they are going to make a sports channel an add on channel.

I dont know why i am getting so worked up about as i sometimes think i know more than the drones in scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ooh.. Aussie cricket in the winter.... bugger. :(

We'll have to get this confirmed......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

all those Champions League games starting next month. hopefully this isn't true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

if this were the case would you be able to sub to sky sports extra as a stand alone without having to sub to the sports channels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Well atm Spanish Footy isnt on Sky so i wont be arsed much is it does go but i would pay if i had to watch spanish footy ,CL hopefully will stay on Sp1 and 2.

I think that american thing could be right ,lots of people watch those funny sports.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Sky Sports have had Spanish Football for several seasons, but not too often on Sky Sports Xtra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's also where Sky show most of the NFL excluding the Superbowl. I wonder will NTL now be able to offer it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Barca v Real has been on Extra for past 2 season and some other choice games (usually with Barca or Real).
    Which at the time i didnt mind as i had it but they do have the big ones on that channel.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭mike2084

It is now being said on Digital Spy that Sky are going to sell this like the Disney channel. It will be remain a free bonus channel for subscribers to Sky Sports 1 and 2 and a stand alone subscription channel for everybody else at Stg£6 per month.

Check Out this thread:

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/81044/ds.html

Thank God for that! Phew! Thanks Michael.

• Advertisement
Advertisement