Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padre Pio

Options
  • 08-08-2003 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

I didn't know where to put this but here seemed a good place to go.

Could anybody tell me the reasoning behind the padre Pio pictures in cars its something i've been wondering about for a while but never thought of asking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Catholics pray to him, he was a priest and was canonised recently. Here's a site all about him.:www.padrepio.com

So, I suppose those pictures make religious ppl feel more secure, just like pictures of other religious figures.

I don't know if there is anything that particularly links his life to cars though. I think there was some campaign in Ireland to encourage the Vatican to canonise him, which could also explain those pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

This is one of the reasons i have left the Catholic Church. People worshiping people who aren't God, im not a religous type, but should the only person to be worshiped but the man/woman themself?

Remember when St Teresa come over (her bones) people were worshiping it, it almost appeared to me as a pagan ritual.

Note: I know this is off topic but i dont' mean this as a flame, i just don't understand the practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Padre Pio's always been especially venerated in this country for some reason. I suppose it makes as much sense as St George being the patron saint of England.

Wouldn't have it in my car but then I'm not religious or superstitious (I walked under a ladder only yesterday).

Advertisement