Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Sky Question

Options
  • 08-08-2003 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

I recently upgraded my t.v. to a sony widescreen and while the picture is perfect on some channels , on others it is often 'grainy' or 'blocky'. As the picture is fine on some channels I persume taht the tv is tuned in o.k. (SKY BOX is connect to tv via scart).

Has anyone else come across a similar problem??

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 KCASEY

I also have sony wiodescreen - There is some tiling on those chanels where BW appears limited

Still the best picture in town!!!

Can't wait to win the lotto and get a WEGA!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The best channels (a small number) are slightly better than average Analog, but slightly poorer than Perfect Analog TV.

The more budget a channel is the lower the data rate... Like a solid state dictation machine instead of CD.

Also if your Dish is slightly misaligned or poor LNB or poor coax cable or leaves on trees or heavy rain you will get blocks appearing.

Even on the best channels certain kinds of fast moving scences with random movement will cause blockiness to appear. It ought to be rare on good Channels.

Make sure your Service | Setup | Picture is set to 16:9 for a WS TV and for any advanced 4:3 (Non WS) TV that has a 16:9 or WS menu option.

In WS mode (animorphic 16:9) Digital is much better than Analog as they only ever letter box on analog losing 1/3 of the lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Cheers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

also,
    just in case you haven't set it, set the box picture output from Pal to RGB, should notice good improvement as long as yur sony widescreen has RGB input - you may need to check yur tv manual to allow rgb input on whatever AV in you have the scart connected to

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement