Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a mini ramp (need some help)

Options
  • 07-08-2003 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

If anyone can help id be really greatful, see im trying to build a half pipe, well thats a 5 foot half pipe not the real deal yet.
    See ive a friend how has buckets of room in warehouse out his back and he said if i make a half pipe or get one some how he'll let me stick it in there.

so has any one made one, how hard is it, or even can ya buy one cheap some how i really dont know.

I NEED INFO,

THEFATSPA :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

Yeah I've built a load of ramps and could help you out. Info is free but I can actually build the ramp for you if you want (a 16ft wide 4ft high mini will cost about €2500 fully built) thats for a double layered surface with guard rails and everything. Reply or send me a private e-mail with details of where you are based if the warehouse has a level concrete floor. If you want it built by me we can negotiate a price if not I'll give you advice and tell you what you'll need. I built one last month that I can bring you to see to get an idea of the basics of construction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TheFatSpa

Yeah that sounds cool but just as i feared the warehouse is in bits and water leaks every where so i might have to look in to a steel one or some other material, so if ya know much about that, any idea's would be great.

Im based in the dundrum area where about's are u based.

how long did it take ya to make it.
    How much did it cost to buy all the stuff cause not to be rude but there's no way id be able to get 2 & a half k cause im a student and im ****ing flat broke at the moment.
    the only way of getting anything near that would be to get all the lads in on it but there all tight up as well, its a **** life i lead haha.

and yeah i'd love to see the one ya built if ya get a chance to show me.

thanks TheFatSpa

I'd advise you to build it in wood (steel will be to dear). Beg borrow and liberate as much as you can , try the dublin corporation wood recycling dump. Try and get the money togeher for the surface wood (9mm and 6mm WBP ply)......if you can hook up with soneone in the building trade you can save a bit by getting trade prices. When you've finished the frame creosote the whole thing ,this will preserve the wood and make it last a lot longer. Also creasote the first layer of ply and the underside of the top layer.Paint the surface with an exterior matt paint like sandtex.Check out www.rampplans.org for help with design and construction.E-mail me at irishskateparkforum@yahoo.com and I'll e-mail you a number for a mate of mine that lives out your way with plenty of ramp building experience. He might be willing to help you out .Is the warehouse legal or abandoned/squated by the way?

Na the warehouse is in my mates property totally grand the roof is a bit nackered but easy to fix.
    i heard its really hard when fixing on the vert part of the ramp, is that true.
    Oh yeah and do you know where abouts the corporation dump is cause i dont.

when u built the last one how long did it take u.

A 5ft high vert ramp would be a complete death trap! I'd go for a 4ft high mini first and when you get used to that add a higher section. I talked to my mate Roger last night and he's willing to help. Mail me your phone number to the address I gave you above and we'll come out and tell you what kind of ramp would best suit.The only timber recycling centre I could find was this ......Bailey Waste Recycling Ltd Rosemount Business Park,Blanchardstown Dublin 11 Co. Dublin 01 82 00833 cardboard, paper and timber .Do a search on the net for more I think the corporation have a bring centre for wood too.

• Advertisement

I sent ya a email with my phone number to irishskateparkforum@yahoo.com so let me know if ya get it or just ring me. thanks

Advertisement