Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite comfort food

• 07-08-2003 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

My fav at the moment would have to be homous and nan bread I used to absolutely love potatoe waffles in bread with tomato sauce Im always changing:rolleyes: . what are your favourite foods the weirder the better!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Hmm...deja vu. I think I've posted in a similar topic. Nevermind!

Gotta love Ben and Jerry's. Phish Food was my favourite flavour but I think it's now joint first with Chocolate Fudge Brownie...mmm

When I'm in need of comfort food (not that often), I tend to go for things that are quick. I wouldn't bother with waffles (although they're really good with melted cheese on top!)

I've also discovered the yumminess of drinking a glass of milk through a Cadbury's Twirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by Sandi
    I've also discovered the yumminess of drinking a glass of milk through a Cadbury's Twirl.

Roffle - that's class A indulgence to be fair..

The thing I find about comfort food is that it's either got to be cooked for me or ordered in. Cooking takes the comfort out of... well, comfort.

Comfort food for me would be a snack box and chips with garlic mayonnaise.

You know, I haven't had one of those in almost two years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Pork in black bean sauce and fried rice.

Oh.

God.

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

A comfort food when depressed is Rocky road icecream.
    All the chocolate makes me hyper and feeling a lil better.

I seem to be the only male I know that truly appreciates chocolate. Am I gay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Nope, you are just on to a very good thing!, Dark chocolate rocks anything with less than 70% cocoa is NOT :mad: the real thing:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by Sarky

It's not the appreciation, it's the talking about it! :D
    Originally posted by doctor evil
    Dark chocolate rocks anything with less than 70% cocoa is NOT :mad: the real thing:cool:

Much as I love dark chocolate, milk chocolate is still scrumptious. The dark chocolate magnum is the nicest thing ever.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's ever tried the using a twirl as a straw thing - though I tried it with tea (I take a lot of milk in my tea, so it's not liquified straight away!). I don't feel as gluttonous as I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Sarky
    I rather doubt it. I eat my own body weight in the stuff every year (eat a kilo and a half every week and you'll get there or close enough)

Of course this might be why I was about 150 pounds when I was 20 and about 200 pounds now:D

just as well I'm straight - no gay bloke would have me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Lukin Black
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who's ever tried the using a twirl as a straw thing - though I tried it with tea (I take a lot of milk in my tea, so it's not liquified straight away!). I don't feel as gluttonous as I did!
    Also nice with a Kit Kat finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Milk in tea is disgusting. Sugar too.

If I were to have a comfort food/meal it would have to be mashed potatoes with rosemary. Little bit of garlic doesn't do any harm either. Try it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

for some reason raisins appear to be my comfort food... dont know why though, i never particularly liked them...
    oh and chocolate of course, ya gotta have the chocolate. and popcorn, with butter, and nachos with cheese. mm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

Comfort food ? Margaritas.... none handy .... Beer and cheese .... What can I say it mellows me out

OMG she's PMSing ( comfort for you food ) ..... stand WAY back and throw chocolate .....milk chocolate :D

I've recently developed a huge fondness for breakfast cereal. I'm just after a big bowl of Frosties, and I seem to eat similar stuff at least three times a day.

Also, pizza just rocks. There's nothing like sitting down to a good telly program or websurf with a hot steaming pizza loaded with cheese and assorted stuff.

Advertisement