Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Radio 2

Options
  • 06-08-2003 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

i noticed today that BBC Radio 2 when listening via Other Channels comes up with a technical fault. when i put in an old FTV card it works fine on the EPG. what's wrong? :confused:

i tuned it in from 10.803 H 22.000 5/6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jmcbride

I've just noticed that myself. Radio 4 FM is also missing - perhaps they've made the move back to a bird with a wider beam. There has been talk of Radios 2 and 4 moving back to a wider distribution for the benefit of Brits abroad, perhaps it happened today.

Roughly on the same topic, I listened to the first ten minutes of Noel Edmonds come back earlier this week, and thought it a very disappointing return. Anyone know if he's gotten any better since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

I believe BBC Radios 2 & 4 have moved back to the Astra 2B satellite after a campgain by British ex-pats in Europe. IIRC the frequency is 12.324 GHz H 27.5 2/3

But I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they have moved

lyngsat.com tells me they have moved to:
    12441 V 27.500 2/3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Well spotted, didnt hear anything about it being moved.

As for Edmonds, ring rust. I thought he was fine. Remember the last time he was in a radio studio, all he had was a couple of turntables! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jmcbride

Got them, thanks for the frequency update, and I've updated my other channels. Amusingly enough, however, I'm now getting "No signal found" at 10803 - anyone else getting this?

ten minutes later
    It's just come back on the fourth or fifth attempt, so I'm happy again.

One thing I have just noticed is that Radio 4 LW has stayed on the narrower beam. Not that many on this forum will probably care, but that's where all the cricket commentary is - how long before people in Spain kick up a stink and demand that be made available as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Ye noticed the move last night and was going to mention it today but beaten to the post.
    Happy to see people are listening to satellite radio.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by jmcbride
    One thing I have just noticed is that Radio 4 LW has stayed on the narrower beam. Not that many on this forum will probably care, but that's where all the cricket commentary is - how long before people in Spain kick up a stink and demand that be made available as well?

Radio 4 FM has exactly the same schedule, except LW has the shipping forecast in the daytime and the cricket, so why would you want the LW varient?

I love R4LW for the cricket meself, Blowers, my dear old thing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Obviously the BBC execs that want to listen to Satellite Radio BBC while on holiday arn't pop, classic music or Cricket fans..

Hence just BBC R4 FM and BBC R2.

Interestinly apparently Sky themselves don't use that transponder as the IF (siganl on coax from LNB to Digibox) is suseptible to GSM or Dect interference or some such at 1800MHz.

Advertisement