Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem not seeing phone line.

Options
  • 06-08-2003 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here was having any problems with their Digibox modem ?

I use UTV for my phone and internet dialup and since I got their new package I haven't been able to get a connection on the Digibox.
    It could just be a problem with the extension cable - but I haven't had time to replace it and try another one. when I connect the line all I get is the no phone line message.

any help much appreciated...:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

EXACTLY the same thing with me since I changed to UTV.

I now can't get box office movies because sky cannot call back for payment on movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by NIBBS
    Just wondering if anyone here was having any problems with their Digibox modem ?

I use UTV for my phone and internet dialup and since I got their new package I haven't been able to get a connection on the Digibox.
    It could just be a problem with the extension cable - but I haven't had time to replace it and try another one. when I connect the line all I get is the no phone line message.

any help much appreciated...:(

I have also changed to UTV and I have a Skybet a/c and I am still able to get into that, I have just checked my account.The green light was on so I must have got a coonection- anyway Iwill monitor the situation tomorrow when i have more time. It did play havoc with my outlook express on my pc,as i had to change some settings but itsworking ok now

I have trid again this am,.A notice came up about an error in connection,after trying a second time the connection came thru. I did'nt have any problem booking Sky Box Office,just put in my pin and that was it. In box office it did'nt connect,it seemrd to go thru by satellite.
    The more i think about it,why would changing from Eircom to UTV effect the connection,the line is either dead or alive, the tel nr has'nt changed,its not like Outlook Express where settings did have to be changed. There are no settings here as far as I am aware
    Anyway let us know how you all get on, my recommendation at the moment is to try dialing up a couple of times to see if you get a connection

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

go to the installer menu (press services then dial 401 and press select) go to telephone settings, and enter 13666 as the dialling prefix, it sorts it out, basically it makes the digibox calls go through eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

thanks for the replies lads,

will try that this evening,

regards,
    Nibbs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by robert muldoon
    I did'nt have any problem booking Sky Box Office,just put in my pin and that was it. In box office it did'nt connect,it seemrd to go thru by satellite.

The way Sky Box Office/PPV etc works is as follows (as explained to me by some nice girl in Sky):

Sky credit your Viewing card with about €50 for 1 month. If you order a PPV event or movie or whatever, all you need to do is enter your pin and it subtracts the amount owed from your viewing card credit. Then about a week before your bill is due, sky force a call back where the viewing card is scanned for any monies due and then top your credit back up to €50. You box doesn't actually send or request any info at the time of ordering the event.

Originally posted by sirlinux
    go to the installer menu (press services then dial 401 and press select) go to telephone settings, and enter 13666 as the dialling prefix, it sorts it out, basically it makes the digibox calls go through eircom.

Sorry but could you be a bit clearer,on how you get into the installers menu: from the services menu- what do you mean DIAL 401 .I am not a techie so go a bit slower with more detail
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by robert muldoon
    Sorry but could you be a bit clearer,on how you get into the installers menu: from the services menu- what do you mean DIAL 401 .I am not a techie so go a bit slower with more detail
    Thanks
    Press the "services" button on the remote.

Press (or "dial":D) 4, then 0, then 1

Hit the "select" button on the remote.

Originally posted by sirlinux

Thanks a lot for that info, its not a menu that i would ever use as the installer set up my box,but anyway everything is ok now

Originally posted by sceptre
    Press the "services" button on the remote.

Press (or "dial":D) 4, then 0, then 1

Hit the "select" button on the remote.

Thanks, have it all set up now, and working perfectly

• Advertisement
Advertisement