Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackeral season

Options
  • 05-08-2003 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

lads i cought a 60 macks yesterday there an easy fish to catch tbh but still fun i even tested out the fly rod and caught a few..... good fun indeed
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by LastIrishMonkey
    lads i cought a 60 macks yesterday there an easy fish to catch tbh but still fun i even tested out the fly rod and caught a few..... good fun indeed
    :D

I might give it a go- though what interests me would be catching a large Bass or a tope from the shore (some day!!).
    Hopefully this weekend..
    Half a mackerel or a joey for the Bass..

Seriously though, I'm gonig out on the 22nd from Kilmore-if the weather keeps up-and it has been a warm summer even disregarding the last few days-it would hopefully make for some interesting catches-I reall want to catch a Black Bream..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Very few are showing up here on the west, we must have done something wrong :)

Sean

Join Ireland Weather Network

welli caught absolutely nothing today from rossalre pt..
    1 rod joey mackeral on a running leger- the other rag up crab down..
    Tide was in about 4 o clock which isnt ideal during the summer.
    Bumped into someone who i hadnt seen for a long time..
    He managed to hook a fish on a spinner..
    He called out to me cause he didnt know what it was-turned out to be a weaver which he had foul hooked..
    Anyway I am trying to decide what to do tomorrow-
    I reckon I might just try free lining a bunch of ragworm down the channel (Wexford Harbour side)
    Too many crabs around to go for the old pater etc..

Originally posted by jd
    Anyway I am trying to decide what to do tomorrow-
    after the hurling..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I normally fish the Killary harbour up at the Rossrow end, near the salmon farm as there are usually a lot of fish there, nothing as yet. I moved out to Derryenver and Mannion bay as I bought a 16ft Plymouth pilot and still no joy. At first I thought I was doing something wrong but I did notice that a lad in an Arvor came in and was fishing where I was, so if they cannot get anything out at 3/4 miles out then there is no hope for me :)

Sean

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by jd
    Seriously though, I'm gonig out on the 22nd from Kilmore-if the weather keeps up-and it has been a warm summer even disregarding the last few days-it would hopefully make for some interesting catches-I reall want to catch a Black Bream..

Hi Guys, on the subject of Kilmore are individuals or groups going out on a boat on the 29th or 30th August that I could team up with?

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement