Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky have RUINED FTA EPG

Options
  • 03-08-2003 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

if you turn over the card and reboot the box you used to get FTA channels only, hovever now along and in between them you have channels like sky one and itv2 ( unaccessable ) ruining the EPG :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

is sky one showing up on 106
    it wasnt when i tried it last week
    i had the 4 bbc's in a row, no sign of sky one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Am i the only person experiencing this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

It is the same for everyone. It has been mentioned in a few other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Genghis

Grin and bear it JohnnyQ.

Sky own the software and the encryption technology - they arrange the EPG in this way so that as you flick through your free channels you are constantly reminded of all that you miss by not subscribing.

You are not the only one experiencing this - even if you go for a lower sub, all channels on a higher package will appear on the Sky EPG (for example if you go for Family pack as your package, movie channels and sport channels are on the EPG but encypted).

A couple of suggestions:

1. Learn the 3-digit codes - not that difficult - 101/102/115/116/325/501/507 - I know the codes for almost all the channels I watch regularly, so I never use the up/down channel feature.

2. Use the favourite function. Simply nominate the channels you normally watch as favourites and then use the blue button instead of the up arrow. You skip the rest of the channels.

(I am assuiming here that favourites are available to non-subscribers).

And finally, remember that you are getting a completely free service - at least that should make the 'grinning' easier, if not the 'bearing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Favourites only work with a card. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

If you add a channel to favourites, and remove your card, does it still work?

I added Sky News to the faves without a card, and it appears without a number with the card in (might be because it was the UK version without the card, and 501 is now taken).

In other news, the message of death now appears constantly with breaks of 30-60 seconds this morning on ITV/CH4/5.

Advertisement