Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Tenor With Questions

• 03-08-2003 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Hi all;

I am a fifteen year old trained tenor, and am currently looking for advice from more seasoned amateur and professional actors and vocalists.

I am currently torn between Science (in the form of Medicine) and the Arts (ie a career as a vocalist, specifically in musical theatre) as a career, and when I'm asked to fill out my CAO form in two years time I'll be going insane.

I have been told numerous times that I have the potential to make it as a musical theatre or operatic vocalist. Yet I'm not sure I want to risk it.

The real problem is - I can see myself as either a surgeon or a performer. The white coat, being called "Doctor" - it all appeals to me. But music and drama appeal to me just as much.

Does anyone have any advice? Perhaps I could be Ronan Tynan-esque, though that makes the whole situation even more confusing.

Vocal clips at http://www.chrisdoyle.utvinternet.com/chrissing.html if interested. Taken from lesson tapes a number of weeks ago - forgive the ugly high notes - didn't have a great warmup.

Regards,

Chris D
    "WexCan"

Advertisement