Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic on Network 2 ??

Options
  • 02-08-2003 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Will Network 2 be showing the Celtic games again this year or will we need to sign up to Setanta??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Probably..... This from Digiguide

SPORT: SPL Live
    Channel: Network 2
    Date: Saturday 9th August 2003
    Time: 12:15 pm to 2:30 pm (starting in 7 days)
    Duration: 2 hours and 15 minutes.
    (Rangers v Kilmarnock)
    Trevor Steven joins Peter Collins for live coverage from Ibrox of Rangers' first match of the new season against against Kilmarnock. Kick-off at 12.30.

No Celtic games from the SPL are being televised by BBC Scotland in the next two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

does that mean that RTÉ's SPL coverage wont be Celtic games only or is this a one off for the opening game of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

It might be that the Celtic game next Saturday is one of the 10 that Setanta have the exclusive rights to.

It probably makes business sense too for Setanta to try and get asmany people as possible to sign up for the season ticket.

Even 30 sterling for the five exclusive on Setanta Celitc games included in the season ticket is cheaper than paying 7.99 for each individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

A Press release from BBC Scotland.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2003/08_august/01/spl_live.shtml

Next Celtic game is Partick v Celtic on Saturday 23 August, 12.30pm) and Dundee v Celtic on Saturday 13 September at 12.30pm.

And at the bottom, as we all suspected, the enivitable.

Viewers should note that, due to contractual reasons, coverage of the SPL and Scottish Cup matches will not be shown on Digital Satellite (D Sat) this season.

D Sat viewers should instead turn back to their analogue signal using the traditional TV aerial to see all the football coverage.

D Sat viewers whose analogue reception is no longer functioning should ensure their aerial installations are checked and repaired by a competent aerial installer.

Viewers watching on Digital Cable and Freeview are not affected.

I wonder will we be able to see BBC 1 Scotland's "Sportscene" on Saturday lunchtimes, opposite "Football Focus", when there is no live matches. Note that the above doesnt mention "live".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

I called Setanta on this.
    They are showing the Celtic game live at 12.30pm on Saturday.

BBC1 Scotland (terrestrial only) will show Rangers at the same time.
    This is the game Network 2 are also showing.

I understand that RTE have the option of relaying the BBC1 Scotland terrestrial games, which they are doing on Saturday.

C'mon the Celts.

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried to order the season ticket??

If I'm not mistaken it says on the website ad that it's for England, Wales and NI only. No mention of ROI as there is with the friendly games.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Funky Phantom

I ordered the season ticket today, as RTE are likely to re-broadcast BBC Scotlands coverage anyway, unless it conficts with some other sporting event,then the season ticket makes sense.

I noted the non ROI option as well but they took the order so I'll let you know come Saturday.

Pain the the ar$e about SPL on DSAT, my scottish P2 FTV card is useless for watching the Bhoys on BBC scotland, thought I had all my bases covered.......... bleedin' rights

OT I see STV will be transmitting the Celtic or hun champions league games on Tuesday nights should they get through.

Hail Hail :D

Originally posted by Funky Phantom
    I see STV will be transmitting the Celtic or hun champions league games on Tuesday nights should they get through.

i'd say RTÉ will also show Celtic games should they get through

They took my money OK and saw the game no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 welshbhoy

I signed up for Setanta this afternoon. I live in Wales and have tried for about 2 years to get the frequencys for BBC regions, I have the regions for all ITV tuned in on my SKY digibox. I particularly wanted BBC Scotland for the football. After I had signed up for Setanta and spent £30 I found this forum and the frequencys for all BBC regions, no chance of a refund!

Am I right in saying things are different in ROI with tv viewing? can you not just tune your sky boxes in the same as i have for all ITV and BBC regions, it seems the Celtic league games will be live on BBC Scotland,champions league games on STV.I thought Setanta got their feed from BBC anyway.BTW if anyone can tell me how to tune my box into RTE i'd appreciate it, if I'm able to.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by welshbhoy
    I particularly wanted BBC Scotland for the football. After I had signed up for Setanta and spent £30 I found this forum and the frequencys for all BBC regions, no chance of a refund!

BBC1 Scotland on DSAT will not have the SPL. the BBC only have the rights to broadcast the games in Scotland
    Am I right in saying things are different in ROI with tv viewing? can you not just tune your sky boxes in the same as i have for all ITV and BBC regions

ITV - no (we used to be able to but they are all blocked on Irish cards
    BBC - yes (they are FTA now so anyone with a digital STB can tune them in)
    Originally posted by welshbhoy it seems the Celtic league games will be live on BBC Scotland,champions league games on STV.

this is true except the SPL will not be available on BBC1 Scotland via satellite, only analogue, cable and Freeview
    if anyone can tell me how to tune my box into RTE i'd appreciate it, if I'm able to.

if you tuned RTÉ1, Network 2, TV3 or TG4 into your box you would only be able to use teletext. Irish channels are blocked from British cards. in any case they are on 10.744 H 22.0 5/6

Advertisement