Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting That Perfect RF Signal

Options
  • 02-08-2003 5:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

this query is a real shot in the dark methinks but here goes

tonight i'm watching the digibox in another room. at the moment none of the aerials are plugged into the back of it and the picture is as perfect as perfect can be :) when i plug the aerials back in it is not so perfect :(

i have tried every single channel number for the digibox's output to no avail. is it possible to get a device to increase the power of the digibox's RF output

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Assumig you have strong signals on all your alalouge channels You could try putting an attenuator in the aerial lead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Mike 1972
    Assumig you have strong signals on all your alalouge channels You could try putting an attenuator in the aerial lead ?

I agree, since you have tried all the channels it does not sound like cross modulation but more like overload, too much signal is as bad as too little. Try getting a hold of a variable attenuator for the input and adjust till you get perfect output.

Good luck
    Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

when u say aerials, how many do u actually mean?

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by GBCULLEN
    when u say aerials, how many do u actually mean?

2 aerials. 1 for RTÉ and another for BBC, ITV etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

Are u by any chance using aerial splitters to do your connection and how do u get 2 aerial feeds into one aerial in?

gb--

• Advertisement
Advertisement