Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lets get organised

Options
  • 01-08-2003 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,
    This is call to everyone running an irish skateboarding website or wants to run one.
    Some you may know me, some you my may not. My name is Philip Andrews I am a local skater here in cork and want to contribute something big to the Irish the skate community. I have been working as a web developer for around 3 years so I have the skills the and the experience to know what you need to do to create a good website. While working for a company called rocket media I developed www.prime-time.ie and www.tubes.ie but I have since moved on from rocketmedia and I am now a contract web developer. I get a lot people asking me to do small websites for them and for course they all need hosting, so just this morning I said **** it and went on the net and bought a proper webserver with 1 GB of storage and unlimited website/email hosting capabilities.

So here is my proposal. I want to bring everyone together to create the most **** off Irish skateboarding website. I want it loaded with information on skateboarding in ireland. I want all the spots, news, products, video, chat rooms, contact, information for the public. I am not sure what I will called the site yet, perhaps skateireland.org . I going to running some pretty descent php/mysql content management system software on it. This will allow simple maintenance and regular updates of the site by multiple people. For example joe bloggs can log on to the site and submit news for his area, the news is then approved by a site administration and posted to the site. There is also facilities for easy creation of message boards, image gallery, headlines, voting, video downloads, webmail etc
    Interested ? give me feedback

What else?
    Have you got a geocites account ? Are you for paying webspace ?
    Get rid of your geocites account I will provide you with freespace at www.skateireland.org/yoursitename
    What to gimme your domain name? No problem, I will host your site for 50 euro per year

I welcome any thoughts or suggestions anyone has

-phil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 twitchy

Sounds like a really good idea, I think it could get loads more international attention focussed here. I'd help ye out but I don't really know anything, and I'm going away for a year in September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Nice to see someone with passion, good luck.

Advertisement