Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY - Volume Control

Options
  • 31-07-2003 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recently got SKY installed. Works great - however cannot get the volume button on the SKY to change the Volume on the TV. I do understand that it should be the audio feed that goes into the TV, so its not really the TV that gets adjusted. Would this be affected by the method in which it is connected? It currently goes from the Panasonic Box to Scart into the AV in - new Samsung 28" Flat.

The installer tried to get it working by looking at the manual for the Panasonic - no go.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

to get the sky remote to turn up the volume on ur tv u have to make the sky controller compatable with ur tv.
    Go to interactive and then go to sky customer service.
    it tells u how to do it there, u just have to enter a certain code ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

do you have the remote set up to work with your tv. you might want to input the code and see if that works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Thanks - we tried the code in the manual - but no go - perhaps its changed or something. I will try when i get back to Cork this weekend.

In South Africa - the remote volume for the 'sky' changes the volume in the 'sky' box itself. You can choose to either output the sound at constant volume to a sound system etc - or via the TV, or have a remotely changable one ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭maisflocke

Chaz,

afaik, the Sky remote directly controls your TV, not the dodgybox.

A brand new remote will automatically control a Sony TV, which is rather strange considering the handset is made by Philips!

Change the codes, and it then adjusts your brand of telly.
    If the volume adjustment controlled the dodgyboxes output, you would not need so many different codes.

Do a google.co.uk search for Sky remote control codes, or look here.

http://www.cfarmer.demon.co.uk/digiremote.htm

There is a volume setting on the dodgybox, but thats just an output level you can choose, to match the output volume with other AV inputs like a DVD player.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Also, press the Interactive button, check out the Sky Customer Services section, there are lots of extra codes there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 THE_INSTALLER

Chaz,

What is the make of the TV that you are trying to control

It is a Samsung - 28" flat - new one from ESB
    Just looking for link to it ...

This should work ...

http://www.esb.ie/retailasp/esb_shops/product1.asp?cat=20&subcat=4&prodcode=6271188

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

DMC scroll up :)

Owned! Pld squire. :o Didnae see that.

• Advertisement

Have i missed something ?

No, I didnt see that Tiesto mentioned getting codes for your remote from the Interactive button before I did. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have the volume to the max (Services - 4 - 2) but the volume is a lot lower than the terresterial channels, which is very annoying when flicking back and forth

Any ideas

PS. it is coming in through Scart on the back of a Power City special (Black Diamond = code 065) and it's a Grundig GDS3000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 THE_INSTALLER

Chaz,

Did you go to page 40 of your panasonic booklet and try the code "060".?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    have the volume to the max (Services - 4 - 2) but the volume is a lot lower than the terresterial channels, which is very annoying when flicking back and forth

Any ideas

PS. it is coming in through Scart on the back of a Power City special (Black Diamond = code 065) and it's a Grundig GDS3000

It is probably down to the RF audio on the TV being set higher than the SCART rather than a digibox fault.
    Really the only thing you could do would be to put an amplifier in between the digibox and the TV, a bit extreme though.

I remeber tryin 0060 ...
    I will try allthe others tonight when i get to Cork ....
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

had this problem too when i fist got sky installed. Its worked fro awhile but then stoppped. I tried doing all that stuff(when through the instructions etc). I have the stereo plugged into the tv now so it doesn't really mattermaybe it just doesn't work with some of them.(i have apace box by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Don't forget that each manufacturer code actually maps to a number of pieces of equipment for each hardware manufacturer...

So for example, if you follow the routine, and your TV turns off (when re-programming the remote), the first instance where the TV turns off may not be the most compatible code for your equipment. Try switching the TV back on (from your TV remote control) and try the next instance where the TV turns off (without saving the previous code)..

Advertisement