Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whst's the point?

Options
  • 30-07-2003 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Can someone please tell me whats the point in turning my card upside down and downloading BBC channels which will disappear again once I turn my card right side up again. I might as well just add them too other channels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

bbci

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

You can get BBCi through 214.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

The usefullness of turning the card upsidedown is if you cancel your Sky sub. Your irish sub card will keep the Irish EPG on the box and you wont be able to access the Free BBC channels easily.

But you are right. There is little point in turning the card upsidedown if you have an active irish sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Good answers ShaneOC...

I thought over tea and also

* Program listings in "Guide" for BBC3, BBC4, CBBC and CBeebies not available via "Other Channels (or in RTE Guide).

* If your box "forgets" the "Other channels" (does happen) and you don't have the frequencies to hand.

No Sky sub best reast, though, and you don't even need a Sky card if you lost it. Any card will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is it possible to receive the other BBC channels through BBCi. if yes, how?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Skip Channel

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    The usefullness of turning the card upsidedown is if you cancel your Sky sub. Your irish sub card will keep the Irish EPG on the box and you wont be able to access the Free BBC channels easily.

Universal/learning remote controls that have "macro" functions are very handy when it comes to the Irish EPG and the non-EPG BBC channels. I'm actually starting to use my Pronto again!

On one screen of my Pronto I can happily switch from RTE1 (on Sky 101) to BBC1 NI (on Sky 214) to BBC3 (on "Other Channels") to ITV, Channel 4 or Five on DTT.
    Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    is it possible to receive the other BBC channels through BBCi. if yes, how?

You can get News 24 in a little box but that's about it.

Advertisement