Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stressful Job

Options
  • 30-07-2003 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭

Cockpit Conversations

While taxiing at London Gatwick, the crew of a US Air flight departing for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727. An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going?! I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta! Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between 'C' and 'D', but get it right!"

Continuing her rage to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting hysterically: "God! Now you've screwed everything up! It'll take forever to sort this out! You stay right there and don't move till I tell you to! You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you! You got that, US Air 2771?"

"Yes ma'am," the humbled crew responded.

Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771. Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind. Tension in every cockpit out in Gatwick was definitely running high.

Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone, asking: "Wasn't I married to you once?"

===========================================

A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long roll out after touching down.

San Jose Tower Noted: "American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able... If not able, take the Guadalupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights and return to the airport."

============================================

Unknown aircraft waiting in a very long takeoff queue: "I'm f...ing bored!"

Ground Traffic Control: "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself immediately!"

Unknown aircraft: "I said I was f...ing bored, not f...ing stupid!"

Tower: "Eastern 702, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure on frequency 124.7"

Eastern 702: "Tower, Eastern 702 switching to Departure. By the way, after we lifted off we saw some kind of dead animal on the far end of the runway."

Tower: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff behind Eastern 702, contact Departure on frequency 124.7. Did you copy that report from Eastern 702?"

Continental 635: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, roger; and yes, we copied Eastern... we've already notified our caterers."

The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was wit! h some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign "Speedbird 206":

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."

Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."

The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"

Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."

Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944 but I didn't stop."

================================================

O'Hare Approach Control to a 747: "United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three
    miles, eastbound."

United 239: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this... I've got the little Fokker in sight."

================================================

A Pan Am 727 flight waiting for start clearance in Munich overheard the following: Lufthansa (in
    German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"

Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."

Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany. Why must I speak English?"

Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent): "Because you lost the bloody war!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

me likes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Unknown aircraft waiting in a very long takeoff queue: "I'm f...ing bored!"

Ground Traffic Control: "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself immediately!"

Unknown aircraft: "I said I was f...ing bored, not f...ing stupid!"

LOL...Sweet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

v.good

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Originally posted by TmB
    Cockpit Conversations

Tower: "Eastern 702, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure on frequency 124.7"

Eastern 702: "Tower, Eastern 702 switching to Departure. By the way, after we lifted off we saw some kind of dead animal on the far end of the runway."

Tower: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff behind Eastern 702, contact Departure on frequency 124.7. Did you copy that report from Eastern 702?"

Continental 635: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, roger; and yes, we copied Eastern... we've already notified our caterers."

Class, not Frist I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

enjoyed them, nice one.
    forwarding to friends and family right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

rofl them there conversations were v funny heres some more:#

The controller who was working a busy pattern told the 727 on downwind to make a three-sixty (do a complete circle, usually to provide spacing between aircraft). The pilot of the 727 complained, "Do you know it costs us two thousand dollars to make a three-sixty in this airplane?
    Without missing a beat the controller replied, "Roger, give me four thousand dollars worth!"
    =============================================
    As a United flight was coming in for a landing at SFO, the pilot came on the intercom to point out parachutists practicing parachute landings at nearby Moffit air field: "If you look on the left you will see passengers debarking from People's Air."
    ========================================
    As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Washington National, a lone voice comes over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

ROFL , that's good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

rofl, love the last one, some1's gonna get an ear full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Something I've never seen before. Bloody brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Loved them all. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Class, I rarely forward stuff but these are 5 star!

Advertisement