Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording On Digital

Options
  • 29-07-2003 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I have got Sky Digital and I was wondering how to record a channel. I noticed when I press TV and go to the video channel there are two new channel on the video channel (AV1 and AV2). Do these have anything to do with it because they both just show a plain blue screen.

As you may have noticed I dont know what I'm talking about so could you please explain in detail.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

OK, ideally you should have your system connected as follows.

TV Scart --> Digibox (TV Scart)
    Digibox (VCR Scart) --> VCR

When you go to the video channel on AV1 you should see (and be able to record) the digital channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

OK ive checked the cables and the TV scart is connected to the Digibox but there is no VCR scart. Should I have been given a VCR scart when I was getting it installed? Where can I get one and at what price?

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

You can buy one in any electrical shop. They can range from €5 to loads. On for about €20 is probably the best bet. Won't fall apart and picture will be very good.

That is the ideal way to go, however you can get by without buying it. Connect the RF1 out from the digibox to the VCR, and then the VCR out to the TV. You will have to tune in the digibox on a spare channel on the VCR. The picture quality will be nowhere near as good as if it was through the scart, and you will not get stereo sound (not an issue if its only a mono video).

Get the scart. It's worth it.

Advertisement