Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interference and ghost images (AH!)

Options
  • 27-07-2003 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I got Sky Plus finally, during the week!
    However, ever since then my signal strength has dropped from 90% to 50%! Not only this but I’ve noticed ghost images on all the channels, the clearest of which is writing moving across the screen and at one point I saw the channel four logo.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem, and can anyone tell me what’s causing it or help me, PLEASE!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, sounds like you're experiencing co-channel interference. You'll need to change the RF Output of the digibox to a different frequency and then retune your telly.

To Change RF Output channel press Services, 4, 0, 1, Select which brings you to installer menu. From there choose RF Output option and change to whatever between 22 and 69.

Though I would say a Scart lead gives better picture quality over RF output and I recommend it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Yes, get a scart lead. Much better picture quality and stereo sound.
    Don't worry about the signal strength indicator being lower, different boxes give different readings on the same feed. The signal quality meter is a better indicator of the actual status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

I am using a scart!! I tought maybe it was interference form my cable (which i use for four and utv) but no luck there, plugged it all out same, switched the sat inputs in the back around, no change! And today it rained heavily and i lost the signal completly for a min or two, which in the three years ive had it has never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by falteringstar
    And today it rained heavily and i lost the signal completly for a min or two, which in the three years ive had it has never happened!

That happened to me yesterday as well. I think it was a particularly dense cloud and heavy downpour, so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

I've also suffered from ghosting while using a scart cable. I believe it's due to bad screening on the cable itself. It may be worth trying out one of the more expensive types to see if there's an improvement. I did a lot of switching with my cables (DVD, video, tv, digibox - it's like spaghetti back there), and eventually the problem seemed to fix itself. A lot of trial and error I'm afraid.

Advertisement