Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

updating system software

Options
  • 26-07-2003 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I managed to bash the front of my silver grundig box the other day.Some of the buttons seem to have dissapeared into the machine.But everything was o.k (I was just using the digi remote)till today when I rebooted the box and was met with this message "updating system software....please do not disconnect from the mains or the satalite dish....this can take up to 10 minutes".It is now a half hour later and still the message is there. Have I killed the box.HELP:( :(

Corm500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭swoofer

Why did u do an upgrade? Switch off, take out card, leave for 10 mins, then try again, are u holidng in buttons on the front?

Or has the problem resolved itself?

gb---

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Sounds like one of the "missing" buttons might be permanently pressed in - i.e. the "back up" button. That would probably cause your system to attempt to update the software when the box is rebooted.

Probably best to unplug the box and try to get the button back to it's original position (very carefully of course).

How old is the box ? Would it be under guarantee ? It might be worth checking that out before you do any serious messing about with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭corm500

I rebooted to try and get the aertel text back, it disapears on me about once a week. I have been at work all day and there is no change so it is time to try some invasive surgery with the Grundig. Wish me luck:(

Corm500

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭corm500

YEEEEAHHH. It is 8 O' clock and my digibox is sick no more. I opened the box, behind the boxfront all of the buttons are connected on a plastic frame.The backup button was hiding ( but still attached) so I just re-alligned the buttons to the holes and hey presto :D:D:D

Thanks Guys for your help

Corm500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Glad it worked out for you ! :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement