Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using sky card in different digibox

Options
  • 24-07-2003 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I have the Sky world package. My parents don't just the bare package.
    The last bank holiday weekend I brought my card home and stuck it in hoping that I could see the lot but no dice.
    Is there a way around this as I am heading down next week for the week and would like a choice. Did this a few years ago and it was fine

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

With the introduction of Sky digital all viewing cards were married (matched) to a specific box. Previously on analog a viewing card would work on any box.

You can ring Sky and get them to marry a card to a box but you would then have to ring and get it paired back to your original box when you got home. Can't remember how long it takes for the card to be married to the new box. Also not sure if Sky will let you change the card to another box too often.

Bringing your box with the card is another option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 b*2

That explains it so.

The box will be on tour in Sligo next week

Thanks Shane

Advertisement