Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scart cable in conjunction with NTL & SKY.

Options
  • 24-07-2003 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi.
    I have NTL & Sky, When I switch over to sky, I receive very faint lines & the sound is in mono. If I get a Scart cable will this problem be ratified? And will I still be able to receive NTL without switching cables? Are they good and bad scart cables?

I would be grateful for recommendations on this.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by irishdeej
    I have NTL & Sky, When I switch over to sky, I receive very faint lines & the sound is in mono. If I get a Scart cable will this problem be ratified? And will I still be able to receive NTL without switching cables? Are they good and bad scart cables?

I take it it's NTL digital you have. Seeing as you're not using a scart lead for your Sky box, what are you using ? Composite cables ?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

Composite cables, and its just NTL Basic package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by irishdeej
    Hi.

I would be grateful for recommendations on this.

If you have the basic NTL package, i.e. no box at all, then you simply put the cable into the aerial socket of the digibox and then put an RF lead from RF1 Out into the input on your video or TV.

Connect up the digibox to the TV with a good SCART lead (one for about €20) and then watch the digibox through the AV channel on your TV. The picture will be far better and you will get stereo sound. All of the NTL channels should be unaffected.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

Thanks a million!!!

Advertisement