Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky disconection and reconnection fees?

Options
  • 24-07-2003 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

If you cancel your sky sub and reconnect later, what fees are involved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If you are out of your initial 12 month contract - then there are no fees for disconnecting / reconnecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

yes i am, and is the box now mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yep, but I think the box was always legally yours - you were just under contract to subscribe for a minimum period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by FinoBlad
    yes i am, and is the box now mine?
    the only thing sky own is the card and the software in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Genghis

It is not 'quite' true to say there is no charge to disconnect. You do have to serve out and pay for one months notice. Therefore there is a charge equivalent to the minimum subscription - you can downgrade at any time for free.

However, if you aren't leaving the country or something, then you don't really lose out.

Sky will also adjust the final months charge to reflect the number of days into a new billing period your last months subscription went. i.e. if you pay for July by DD, then say €60 is taken out on 1/7. You then request a disconnect on 15/7. While you have to pay for service up until 15/8, Sky will calculate that on the 1/8 you just have to pay for half-a-month more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by Genghis
    It is not 'quite' true to say there is no charge to disconnect. You do have to serve out and pay for one months notice. Therefore there is a charge equivalent to the minimum subscription - you can downgrade at any time for free.

I thought that this was the case too, however I downgraded my package to the value pack last week and the lady told me that it could now be done straight away. Any money that I had paid for my subscription would be creditted to my account against the next months balance. Sure enough that evening only the value pack channels were available.

Advertisement