Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second attempt for new look for boards...

Options
  • 11-08-2000 4:35pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There are some HTML issues but our second attempt at a new look for boards is at
    http://www.boards.ie/newlook/html/index.htm

The internal boards colours will be altered to suit...

Let me know what you think...

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Borric

nice

how about old colors for internal board colors.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

oh yeah that site looks much nicer wink.gif
    the colours remind me of christmas or something
    hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

nice - for the boards, make them black like they used to be.

<A HREF="http://clans.quake.ie/acid"http://www.clanacid.com"&quot; TARGET=_blank>ACID 0wN j00!</A>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I must say, very very nice.

-Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yup, looks great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Nice one

Dont change anything cool.gif

I warned you! But did you listen to me? Oh no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, its just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I dont believe it!
    You listened to me!
    I said put the ads on the right and the index links on the left AND YOU DID!
    Someone cares about me!
    /me un****s trigger and puts gun away from head.
    I MATTER! I HAVE A USE! I HAVE A VOICE!

I CAN LIVE!
    nah. life sucks
    *BANG*

never liked that speaker anyway.

Seriously tho (schizophrenic tendencies aside) it looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Very nice indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

/me claps. Lovely

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Lovely
    Boards = Black

zoooooooooom...:`",",",",",",",",",",","''',

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I likes smile.gif

The layout is excellent and the colours look well. Top notch job lads and ladies smile.gif

And why do people still have this obsession for the black boards???

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

hmm,
    i m loading this with netscape under solaris & seem tho have the problem that the page is about 3 time the width of my browser & overly spread out, i.e. when maximised the index is on the left buttge icons for after hours etc are off the right hand side of the screen ?!?

anyone else experiencing this ??

c22

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yep I have the same problem, it's all stretched in NS 4.7 Win.

J.
    --
    It seems to be the USENET menu appears as a long row of text in NS for some reason...

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 14-08-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I think it looks real nice.. lovely colours hmmmm purple good!!

One wee thing tho... to me it seams a bit square, I think it would look nicer if u get rid of a few of those sharp corners... but then again thats just me smile.gif round = good ! tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

my 2 cents...

the colours are a big improvement but it could look better if it resized with the browser window. - anything above 800x600 and we get a lane of white space along the right that you could drive a bus down.

How about also some CSS rollovers on the text links (an A:hover definition in the style sheet) and some more curves to hide the squared off tables, as suggested by bubbles..? - Plus, as mentioned already- there are serious Netscape issues on the page.

Will the quick links lists on the left be dynamically generated or will you have to add and update the boards there manually?

Bard
    |home page

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

netscape 4.51 ain't happy either.

Seems ok in lynx, but you need better alt tag tekneeq.

Much better colour scheme. Although, why you can't exploit ubb's magic cookie and your regi/x_or/Talliesin code monkeys to allow users to choose their own colours and stuff. Then everyone could be happy.

Looks nice in ie. Cleaner layout then the previous beta.

The Boards logo doesn't look quite right with the characters melding into each other. Especially the dot which is kind of like a tail on the i as opposed to a dot.

I'm not especially keen on the title images either. Don't look quite right, and absolutely no need to use images when some tables or divs would be fine.

The smaller men seem ok over all, but the after-hours and the technology ones are pushing it legibility wise on my monitor (19" 1124 * 864).

I don't quite see the point in the Quick Links image/link, plus it seems to be pulled from the old version of the site..

Anything less then 800 * 600 full screen and it's far too cramped, although that isn't much of an issue these days, especially when most people visiting are gamers with big monitors and high resolutions smile.gif

Overally, *great*, far better then the previous version suggested. I for one will be *really* glad to see the current colours go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Very nice in 800*600, 16k colours on a 14" monitor (BAH!).

That is all smile.gif

- Munch
    - Sh33r l33tn35$, i tell you
    - Fortress.ie

Advertisement