Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Picture Breakup, Then Perfect

Options
  • 23-07-2003 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

over the last 3 days i have noticed some severe picture break up after i plug in the digibox. at first i thought the dish needed reallignment. but after about 10 minutes all is perfect. this has happened 3 days on the trot and i have no doubt that it will be the case again tomorrow. it is really annoying :mad:

what could be the cause of this? is my lnb about to pack it in or is it the STB?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Simple solution: Leave it plugged in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sounds like something is overheating when it gets that initial power surge after you plug it in and then cooling down after that first jolt of lecky

(I don't know diddly about what's inside a digibox but from what people who actually do know have posted it's a pretty basic piece of kit)

If it's something about to pack it in it could be either. Most likely that coil thing inside the box though at an ignorant guess.

I'd just leave it plugged in as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would have no problem leaving it plugged in but i live with fire safety fanatics

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

So do I, but I convinced them that its better for any electonic components lifetime, to stay powered on than to have repeated plugging in and out.

The only time I plug out my digibox is if I have to do a forced software download!:D

Advertisement