Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Telephone Directories

Options
  • 22-07-2003 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

A copy of the 2004 release of the Golden Pages and standard blue Phone books has just arrived here.

Since most households will likely be dumping their old copies of these substantial tomes, do you think the distributors are making any arrangements for central collection points in some effort to recycle what must collectively total to an awfully large amount of paper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just green bin them. Creating a separate collection system would be too wasteful. Of course if they could collect while delivering ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Well, in many other countries, they also make cd-rom versions available..dont suppose they do that here?

Clearly this would go some way towards reducing costs and - to some extent - environmental impact

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Eurorunner
    Well, in many other countries, they also make cd-rom versions available..dont suppose they do that here?
    they cost about €20 - you can't get a white pages version though - Data Protection Act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I think a cd would be even more costly to recycle then paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Typedef
    I think a cd would be even more costly to recycle then paper.

The question shouldn't where costs more to recycled, but which benefits the envionment better over its lifetime?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Debatable.

I'd say that the less something costs to be recycled, the more likely it is to be recycled.

Advertisement