Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY+ losing all recorded programs

Options
  • 19-07-2003 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I thought i'ld start a new thread as the only other current sky+ one is the upgrade thread which is not really what i need to post about.
    Here's my problem.

It was working fine (got it 2 weeks ago).
    Then this morning i found i had lost all of my programs, about 20 hours.
    Cant get them back no matter what i try.
    whats the point leaving recordings on sky+ if you lose them without warning?

Has this happened to anyone else?
    If so how often and what did you do about it to stop it happening again?

I called SKY and they just said to do a system reste, which wipes the programs anyway i think, so not much help there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by NotImpressed
    I thought i'ld start a new thread as the only other current sky+ one is the upgrade thread which is not really what i need to post about.
    Here's my problem.

It was working fine (got it 2 weeks ago).
    Then this morning i found i had lost all of my programs, about 20 hours.
    Cant get them back no matter what i try.
    whats the point leaving recordings on sky+ if you lose them without warning?

Has this happened to anyone else?
    If so how often and what did you do about it to stop it happening again?

I called SKY and they just said to do a system reste, which wipes the programs anyway i think, so not much help there.

If I were you I would post your problem on the UK Digital Spy forum,where you will find a thread for Sky+. As they have Sky+ a longer than us, somebody there should be able to answer your query. Let us know if you get an answer as if it can happen to you it can happen to us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NotImpressed

Hi
    tried looking everywhere for the problem and guess what?
    I found others with the same problem ..... a LOT of people in fact.
    looks like it happens to everyone every few weeks at least.
    It looks like its a software bug thats been around since day 1.

whats skys answer when people call them ?
    Do a system reset, sorry but you lose all your recorded programs but it will fix your problem. thankyou for calling sky.

why do we pay €15 per month. So we can lose all of our recordings in one foul swoop. This is not good news.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Kinda puts me off the idea of getting sky + :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NotImpressed

Sky+ is great, but its a MAJOR dissapointment when you lose your programs like that.
    If i had known this before i got it i would have stuck to video.
    still though. its the first time its happened to me.
    if its the last :) then i would say its well worth it.
    fingers crossed.
    im afraid to leave programs on it now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by celticfc

i'm thinking about upgrading to it in the Autumn but i'm kind of put off it now. having my other channels being constantly wiped out is annoying. imagine if it was recorded programs, i wouldn't be happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I have had Sky+ since the day it became available here. Never seen a problem with recordings being lost. Hopefully never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by celticfc
    what if we did a system reset BEFORE recording any programs?:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭ozsat

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i'm thinking about upgrading to it in the Autumn but i'm kind of put off it now. having my other channels being constantly wiped out is annoying. imagine if it was recorded programs, i wouldn't be happy
    I've had Sky+ since nearly day 1 and have never had recordings vanish!

The disappearing other channels normally happens when you exceed about 37 channels and then use text or interactive.

The manual says it will hold 50 channels - but they will vanish once over 37.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by ozsat
    The disappearing other channels normally happens when you exceed about 37 channels and then use text or interactive

mine disappear after a few hours when i put in about 15 channels :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭ozsat

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    mine disappear after a few hours when i put in about 15 channels :mad:
    It's a memory issue thing - perhaps also related to the number of favourites stored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Favorites seem to be related to card. Won't load at all now with a blank card. But "Other Channels" seems OK with any, none or blank card.

But the Sky boxes definately regard user added channels as disposable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by watty
    Favorites seem to be related to card. Won't load at all now with a blank card. But "Other Channels" seems OK with any, none or blank card.

But the Sky boxes definately regard user added channels as disposable :D

Are we not losing track as to what this thread is about,ie losing recorded programs on the Sky+ planner,NOT losing 'other channels'

Advertisement