Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fuerteventura

Options
  • 18-07-2003 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    going here staying in Corralejo on the 24th of Aug for 2 weeks ,

Meself and herself are staying in the Maxorato Beach ,

Anyone got any suggestions on things to do or must see?

Aldo nyone stayed here and know if its ok?

whats the shopping like?

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

I was there for 2 weeks...can't remember the name of the town...the one near the airport.

I went up to Corralejo one of the days...its probably the most built up town on the island...drove around to the other towns and there is not much to see really...it's an island for chilling...very quiet because it was one of the last of the canary islands to be holiday-ised.

I fould two weeks was nearly too long, but then again it was very relaxing, so if a bit of peace and quiet is what you're after, you'll have a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Have been there twice in the last 12 months - very relaxing. Got food poisoning the first time from a Chinese Restaurant , think it was called the Slow Boat...

Rosie O'Grady's pub is nice for a night or two (until Tommy starts the entertainment) - drinking is real cheap compared to here, they do nice enough food as well (basic) - fillet steak with veg etc is about 8 euro.

Shopping isn't great - but you can get the ferry across to Lanzarote where you'll have a better choice. The Sand Dunes are fantastic, I'd rent a bike and head down...

I really enjoyed it both times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Originally posted by kdevitt
    Got food poisoning the first time from a Chinese Restaurant , think it was called the Slow Boat...

Ah you should have tried the Slow Boat II...much safer!:D

(crappy Fuertaventura humour)

ooh...could have been the slow boat II... was the one beside Poco Loco anyway (they do a lovely skewered chicken btw)

Should have known I wouldn't be well when they brought out a bottle with two dead lizards in it for us to drink - good for my manhood aparently :eek: should have decked the girl for trying to imply I'd need something like that!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

whats the crack with taking that ferry over mate?
    will the budget guides give us info?
    Was also thinking of a catarmang trip and deep sea fishing!!what yee think?

• Advertisement

I never took the ferry trip cos I was usually too hungover to get up early - but its fairly cheap I think, about €5. Takes you over at 9 or 10 in the morning and sails back about 5...

All the info will be in your hotel / apartment though. Didn't do the Catamaran, but heard its great.. have heard a few people complaining about the fishing though... its fairly windy on Fuerteventura, so the sea could be a bit choppy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi
    I was there around 2 years ago. Coraalejco is a brialliant place quite and relaxing. Whatever you do go to the beach called the dunes man you will never see such a nice beach again and big waves aswell. Careful though if you walk too far down the beach u end up in the nudist section :-). Also go to the pub called the Rock Island Bar. There's a guy there called Eric Sympton who sings most nites absolutely brialliant.
    Anyway
    Have a great holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by mickb00
    Hi
    Careful though if you walk too far down the beach u end up in the nudist section :-).

Carefull?? hehe you just gave him the best tip!!

Anyway i have not been there but my parents were as was a friend.. not sure if it was the same town though.. Anyway They said the layout was very much a long beachfront layout as opposed to the normal town structure with a centre etc.. everything was in a long line along the beachfront for a few miles.

Was quiet.. Also its usually cooler than the other islands because its so much windier, its a windsurfer paradise or something.

On the Ferry... usually reps have a list of stuff organised by them and a ferry day trip is usually one of them.. Might be cheaper to do it yourself if all you want to do is go shopping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

cheers for the help lads,

Going to relax for 2 weeks whatever happens , !!!
    Canny bleedin wait , weather nice that time of year?

Advertisement