Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about phoning other countries

Options
  • 18-07-2003 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I'm going to Kos in a few Weeks and some of my mates will be going the week before use,

When i want to know is this,

:: 1 of my mates that will be over there has a mobile that can work over there, does anyone know the Code for ringing it

a) from Ireland to KOS, internationl codes
    b) From KOS to KOS. like does it need a different code because it's an Irish Phone,

Any help is greatful

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This would have been better in Nets/Comms most likely.

If he is roaming then he will have to treat his phone as if he is in Ireland. Therefore:

When in Kos - Do as the Kosines* do -
    ring 00353(Ireland)86xxxxx if 086 or
    00353-87xxxx if 087

When dialling from Ireland - simply dial as normal ie 086xxxxx or 087xxxxx

If somebody is in Kos and wants to phone him - the person in Kos has to phone Ireland. The international code from Greece to Ireland is 00353 and you knock off the first zero.

Oh and don't forget that he can even text from Kos but he may need to make sure that the message centre is 00353xxxxx - mine for example is 00353868002000 and I was texting from Greece. This is a far cheaper alternative to use tbh. I presume that you want to know because you will be meeting up with him and want to make meeting points? If you bring your own mobile - use the texts.

Make sure that his phone is set for roaming though yeah?

*Little mathematical jokey there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Thanks.

just 1 more thing i dont thin i explained very well,

He will be in KOS, and i will be flying out the week after him, I will be in KOS as well. he will have his Irish Mobile. and it is set for roaming, When i get to KOS i have to ring him on a Public Phone. DO i enter 0035386XXXXXXX or do i need to put in Greek phone codes?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

the best thing is to have all your (irish) numbers in the "+353...." format.

the "+" is just another way of doing the "00", but it works everywhere.. ("00" wouldnt work ringing from america to ireland for example)

dw

Originally posted by NeVeR
    Thanks.

just 1 more thing i dont thin i explained very well,

He will be in KOS, and i will be flying out the week after him, I will be in KOS as well. he will have his Irish Mobile. and it is set for roaming, When i get to KOS i have to ring him on a Public Phone. DO i enter 0035386XXXXXXX or do i need to put in Greek phone codes?

thanks
    when you are ringing him when you land in Kos, you will have to call 0035386xxxxxxx as if you were ringing him in Ireland.

Btw, you do know that you can get your ready to go or speakeasy phone authorised for roaming??
    Just ring the customer care line and they will do it for you if you put enough credit in.
    That way you can text each other.
    If you ring him even while there, he will be charged international rates for receiving your call!!! as well as you being charged international rates for calling him! thats because your call to him, even though you are both in Kos is routed back to Ireland( you pay for that part) and the customer you are ringing is charged for the part where the call is sent to the foreign country, in this case Kos, crazy but true!

If you authorise your pay as you go phone, for roaming and put , say €20 credit in it, you can send as many texts as you like, for maybe only 30 or 40 cent a go... very handy :) and keep the phonecalls to a minimum.
    mm

Advertisement