Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Plates

Options
  • 03-08-2000 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Does any1 know where i can get personalised
    licance plates for a car???
    Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

ah a person after me own heart cars and computers oh and women aswell just in case u thought the first line was a little dodgy! smile.gif

Anyway no but if youre car stands out alot or your in a quietish town then be careful the guards will tell u to take em off!

BTW!!!! U cant get PERSONALISED PLATES IN THIS COUNTRY!!! but u can get CUSTOMISED!!!!
    Italic lettering unusual background color etc... Try the car magazine: CARNOISSEUR. U could easily send to the uk for one approx cost 70 squid.
    Nick

btw wot kinda mota ya got.

Just a note on the above there aswell if you buy a new car you can reserve a plate for a fee approx 250-500 squids
    e.g 99 MO 555 or 99 MO 320 whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 16,407 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by OctaviaN:
    Just a note on the above there aswell if you buy a new car you can reserve a plate for a fee approx 250-500 squids
    e.g 99 MO 555 or 99 MO 320 whatever

He's from Mayo! The big culchie! smile.gif

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

those plates with wierd fonts and colours and that are actually against the law. I remember on the news a year or two ago some lady got fined for each plate back and front. I best personilsed plate I've seen has to be IUNKNOWN any guesses at whos car the is???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Ahhh, so u CAN get them.
    Haved gottna a mota yet,
    gettin 1 soon tho,
    it'll be me first one smile.gif
    u would'nd beleive the insurance there chargin on a new 206 for a 19 year old frown.gif
    Havin "Havok" written on my car would just be
    too kewl tho biggrin.gif
    do u's know of where these places are that do them??

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's a place here in Kilkenny, called Tran Sign (or is that Trans Sign? pff...) that does them. One of the lads at work got a plate from them for his honda NSR 80 - just his reg number in a "spooky" blue font, with "Honda NSR" in small letters above it.

- Munch
    - Sh33r l33tn35$, i tell you
    - Fortress.ie

ok insurance dont ****in talk to me
    94 BMW 320i Coupe 2,550 third party fire and theft for 24 year old now what was the 206 smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

P1MP1N

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

oct, inital quote was close to £5,000 for insurance frown.gif
    most companys wont even deal with ppl under 21.
    I could by a whole other car with that!
    Irish insurance is a complete SCAM.
    /me goes of the get fake id:P

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 04-08-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

i have a parian china plate with a stonkin' ford prefect on it.....black of course.

no but on a more serious note....i picked up a new mini se7en yesterday and by fu(k sir but she's a good un.

• Advertisement

Yeah minis r nippy sam Fisher (no relation to bertie) came in at an overall 27 place in the Sligo Special Stages rally last week! in a mini! class 9 thats the same class i was in!(1.3 modifieds)
    thats like.. he bet older 2ltr celicas n ****
    jaysus tho id say i was rough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

AOL sells loads of car liecence plates
    they actualy sell everything you vcould buy
    wheh you are connected to iol try unistallings it at the same time
    it has a loada of deadly tricks

.oj.

loloollol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

i saw a flash merc with "A1 BET" as the reg - i wouldnt do it, cos if there werent other ppl in the car park i woulda ripped off the merc sign smile.gif stupid ponce deserves it tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

was in darwin austrailia there last year..
    ever third car had a personalised plate..
    best i seen was a manky old yute with B1TCH .. which rocked despite the car..

best legal irish plates are stuff like
    99 C 70 or 00 C 70 both which are actually owned in the dublin area.. mmm C70..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by OctaviaN:

BTW!!!! U cant get PERSONALISED PLATES IN THIS COUNTRY!!! but u can get CUSTOMISED!!!!
    Italic lettering unusual background color etc....

These are illegal, and have been for yrs, i got pulled by the gardai for the plates i had on my old astra gte about 7yrs ago, nice red fading to yellow background on them. was told to change to the legal standard plates or get fined frown.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Guy was tellin me about the plates he has on his 916....

Seems he has a special font with like jagged edges so that at speed it all becomes an illegible blur...

Never seen them tho so i can't be sure.....

Don't even think about it...™
    www.licksy.net
    info@licksy.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Yeah I've seen ones similar to that, usually on VWs.

They look like your normal every day plates but at night when a light is directed at them the reg vanishes and only the VW symbol can be seen.

Very handy in a high speed chase smile.gif

Advertisement