Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live TV

Options
  • 18-07-2003 6:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

for anyone who doesn't know, Live TV are testing on 11426 V 27500 2/3 under the label y8em. it has to be seen to be believed. check out Canary Wharf, a soap opera so bad i'm watching it the whole time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭West Briton

L!ve has a golden opportunity to be FTA with the impending UK sub only move by five...

Here's a slogan for them:

"Forget five, go L!ve" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jmcbride

Has the signal quality improved yet? I tuned in to it earlier in the week, and it was unwatchable. It was flickering and freezing more than the Czech channels.

I don't expect the programme quality this side of hell freezing over. There's an excellent book about the original Live tv, called Live TV: Telly Brats and Topless Darts: the Uncut Story of Tabloid TV (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671015745/ref=sr_aps_books_1_3/026-7960599-2090808), the dispute between Janet Street Porter and Kelvin McKenzie about which route the programming should take, and the generally chaotic nature of the channel. Worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by jmcbride
    Has the signal quality improved yet? I tuned in to it earlier in the week, and it was unwatchable. It was flickering and freezing more than the Czech channels

there is a big improvement

Advertisement