Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 'Local Initiative' for Buncrana / Inishowen

Options
  • 17-07-2003 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and a few others are in the process of setting up a non-profit organisation (Local Initiative) in Buncrana, Donegal, with aims of creating and/or strengthening a local comunity of music, arts, culture and (inevitably) local business.

Our immediate goal is to organise a number of fund raising events, most likely in the form of live music, dances and pub quizzes. The money raised from these events will be used by us to better the local comunity in any number of ways.

Put simply, the idea is that any money raised by a Local Initiative funded or organised event, won't be adding to any business man's bank balance, it will be going straight toward paying for the next event or adding some fundamental local service which may have been otherwise 'overlooked'.

I'm working hard on a website at the moment which will hopefully serve a very important role in the future of Local Initiative, allowing people to comment, contribute, or just see whats happening locally - http://www.localinitiative.org/ - at the moment you can gaze in wonder at a temporary page!

If you have any questions or comments, either post here or email localint@online.ie. We would be very interested in hearing from any bands who may be interested in playing in Buncrana at somepoint. Anyone else interested in helping out in any other area (PHP anyone?), your contribution will be much appreciated :)

Michael Flanagan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

good to see ppl putting things back into the community.

Hope all goes well with the plans, any upcomming events feel free to post but pm me some details prior to as to avoid editing for promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Goodshape,

I have had a look at your website, and I sent an e-mail of congratulations. Hope your group received it i.e from Paddy in Ballybofey?.

All the best.

Paddy20.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yea, I got that - thanks Paddy :)

Hopefully the website will be pretty much up and running by the end of this week, which will give people the chance to contribute ideas and register their support and all that sorta stuff.

Watch this space anyway. Interesting things planned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

You should talk to the IRDL folks re Leader funding for your project. IRDL offices are based in Carn. Leader funding could help you with the marketing of your project.

Advertisement