Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Sky Remote

Options
  • 16-07-2003 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I hope you can give me a bit of help here. My Sky remote bit the bullet on Saturday evening! So I had to buy a new one. The remote I had was set up by the installer for use on the T.V. The set I have is a FERGUSON W/S, its only 2 years old. I didnt see the guy set it up, but I believe he used the code in the hand book. I bought the new remote today, the code in the hand book that came with the remote (no Joy) I rang up Customer service and they went through the remote code's with me. No Joy again. One code did how ever access the setting menu on my TV. Since I couldnt change volume, channel or turn tv off, I was told to take the batteries out for 20 mins, and go through the code's again. I got the codes from
    Interactive Sky Customer Service Setting up the remote etc.
    No joy I did however get the TV menu up again. So I can only access tv menu's on the remote. Can someone please help, PLEASE, I dont want to use 4 Remotes!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

sorry forgot to mention. I got the model(cant think of it off hand) and there is a code for that model, but it didnt work. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Sometimes it takes a couple of trys to make it go, but I've never had to take the batteries out at all. Check that you're doing it exactly like on this page. The code for Ferguson televisions is 0293 according to the chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Sometimes it takes a couple of trys to make it go, but I've never had to take the batteries out at all. Check that you're doing it exactly like on this page. The code for Ferguson televisions is 0293 according to the chart.
    How old is your Ferguson? Try codes for "Baird" if there are any.

Advertisement