Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My P1 FTV card says "Your viewing of this channel will soon cease"

Options
  • 15-07-2003 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Ok then, here it is folks, absolute, without a doubt confirmation that ALL P1 FTV cards are being turned off and soon.

Today i was watching Channel 4 and that fabled message "Your viewing of this channel will soon cease" came up, it has never happened before, the only way to continue to view is to keep pressing back up and i would say it will be off in about a week or so.

Devastated, i certainly am, i putting through my order for a UK sub tomorrow, sadly i cant get a UK address, so i have to go through an agent website.

Id like to thank Sky particularly for this, seeing as you have to pay a £150 agency fee per year as well as the £18.50 per month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

do Sky really need to make P1 cards useless?

or is it a ploy for subscriptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭West Briton

There is someone posting on DS, and what he/she is saying is a hell of a lot more coherent sounding than anything else I've heard so far after monitoring the various sites for the last week. Have a look before Agent Smith gets hold of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes Sky can really (and may do this)

It almost certinally is a ploy to get some of the 1 million cancelled or FTV folks on Sky.

The UK gov has woken up to this.

Spend no money yet. Wait and see what happens.

o ITV may go FTA
    o Sky may be "leanded on" to sell FTV cards to finance FTV centre (one off £25 proposed, card work till encryption change)
    o Existing cards might not be turned off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Originally posted by West Briton
    There is someone posting on DS, and what he/she is saying is a hell of a lot more coherent sounding than anything else I've heard so far after monitoring the various sites for the last week. Have a look before Agent Smith gets hold of them.

Yes, hello there, you speak of people being coherent, do you mind giving that a try?.
    I havent a clue what you are saying.
    Originally posted by Watty
    Yes Sky can really (and may do this)
    o ITV may go FTA
    o Sky may be "leanded on" to sell FTV cards to finance FTV centre (one off £25 proposed, card work till encryption change)
    o Existing cards might not be turned off

Watty it looks like they are being turned off, this message popped up today, funnily enough though, i turned the box off and on and it has stopped appearing, im sure it will be back later.

But this to me is confirmation finally, that P1 FTV cards will be switched off, i know people will say well, we know that, but here is conrete evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭West Briton

Originally posted by TVDX
    Yes, hello there, you speak of people being coherent, do you mind giving that a try?.
    I havent a clue what you are saying.

Here's the link, and I'd appreciate less of the sarcasm in future.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75300&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

I wanted to draw boards.ie posters to an interesting poster without dropping them in the sh1t with their supervisors, in case they were trawling here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Sarcasm, you brought up the issue of being coherent, not me.
    What i said wasnt sarcastic anyway, just a query.

Advertisement