Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Skate Park?

Options
  • 15-07-2003 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Whats this park like, I'm thinking of going on a road trip down if the weather is good some time in the next few weeks so can someone tell me

How much it costs?

Is it newbie friendly? ;)

Is it busy?

Is it worth the drive from Dublin?

I saw the layout for it somewhere on the web before but I can't find it, their web page seems to be down. Anybody know where else I might get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

im from kilkenny... and uh.. skate park?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

oh i know the one your talking about, its in Ballyhale.. thats miles form kilkenny city... about 25miles outsite... almost in waterford..

The last time i was there the skatepark was not built.. but the karting track next door is excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

Heres pictures of it from Bent Fork BMX

Heres your newbie friendly section:
    http://www.pmjb.net/~bentfork/quarry_1.jpg

And heres the main section:
    http://www.pmjb.net/~bentfork/quarry_2.jpg

Last I heard it was 10 euro for 3 hours but you'll have to
    e-mail'em to see what times the skate sessions are on!

As far as it being busy(haha) its in the middle of no-where
    so its never really busy at all ,more like empty.......
    and its closing in September due to this fact !

It is worth the drive cause its closing in September,
    so you'll never get to skate it again, so it is well worth it!

Whos going Tom?

http://www.bentfork.tk

Later!
    Gabo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

It's the best park in the country in my opinion and the only park with concrete.The guys who run it are sound and it is definately worth the trip.There a binliner site with a load of shots of it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

the managers a bit of a prick though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I went down today for a session with two mates, the place is really amazing. It’s too bad it’s a two-hour drive from Dublin but it’s really worth it.

Anybody who is thinking of making the trip I would recommend it.

It was weird because there was no one there when we arrived so we just jumped the fence and skated for about two and a half hours, I managed to chip my tooth about five minutes in and I also cut my chin pretty bad so if anyone who works there is reading this and is wondering why there are spots of blood all over the park it’s my fault, I had no plasters and it wouldn’t stop bleeding.

We got some pretty cool photos and some video clips on a digital camera I’ll stick them up on the photo’s thread when I have time. I’m probably going to go down again on Thursday and maybe Friday so if anyone wants to go for a skate come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I went down again on Thursday and I was informed that the park is not closing down and will be putting in a mini ramp soon.

There is also talk of putting in a bowl but it's meant to be expensive.

Advertisement