Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV SLX link

Options
  • 14-07-2003 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I would just like to thank all contributors to this forum for all the great advice given since I starting viewing it last year as without it I would never have found about about the joys of sat TV.

Anyway I have finally taken the plunge and got rid of Chorus as I now have 2 digiboxes (1 in bedroom 1 in sitting room)with sky and ftv cards etc. I just have one issue. I have cable TV coming into the house serving the sitting room and bedroom. Now if I join the 2 cables together in the box outside where it comes into the house I thought I should be able to feed the downstairs stb to the tv upstairs by attaching the slx link to the TV. (reason being I can view RTE upstairs as well)
    But the light will not come on which I can only presume is a voltage issue or maybe something more obvious. Is there any way around this ?

Hope someone can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Here are a set of instructions which may help:

If you have not done so already run a cable from the "RF2" socket at the back of the digibox to the tv where you wish to view sky digital. Connect the Tv link between the coax connector and the Tv in the second room. Select a vacant channel and tune in sky digital, by default it is on Ch68 on the UHF band

To activate the supply from the digibox first press services, then system setup, then press 0,1 and select. You should now be in "Installer setup". press "RF Outlets" and set the "second outlet power supply" to on. Make sure then tv link is connected before you do this. The red light on the tv link should now be lit. In the second room simply point the remote at the tv link and you should be able to change channels etc.

Originally posted by jools60
    IBut the light will not come on which I can only presume is a voltage issue or maybe something more obvious. Is there any way around this ?

Hope someone can help

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jools60

Thanks Tony for that.
    Want I wanted to do was utilise the existing cables that were put in for cable TV when the house was built 7 years ago. If I join the 2 cables (1 which goes to the b/r and the other to the s/r)at the side of the house where the cable tv comes in I can get a picture upstairs but I cannot get the TV link to work to enable me to control the stb. If this is not possible then the second cable as you suggested has to be the answer.

Thanks once again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I also connected the two cables that were running to the bedroom and sitting room for cable. Mine are connected in the attic and the TV Link works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have one digibox in Kitchen and one in living room.

The RF Aerail daisy chains through the kitchen box, RF2 out and into analog sat reciever (one of two) then living room Digibox then S-VHS, then into RF distrib amp for other TVs.

The SLX link sits on floor just beside the equipment tower, btween RF cable and Analog box TV RF in.

The positioning is such then that the local or the kitchen digibox can be controlled in the living room.

This weekend I hope to measure the RF frequency of the EYE back to digibox for my "ulitimate IR control" base station system. PC will then be able to change channel on either digibox via coax rather than IR. I think it is an 11MHz version of what is normally on the 40Khz modulated IR beam.

Advertisement