Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Northern skateparks

Options
  • 14-07-2003 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Besides the temporary park that has opened today in Lisburn , there is also a new skatepark in Omagh open soon and another one in Newtonards opening in the next few weeks. See the site for more details www.geocities.com/irishskateparkforum/news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

looks pritty small, and that mini ramp is WAAAAY out of proportion :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

Yeah I didn't do these plans but their just provisional layout graphics anyway. What mini ramp there is no miniramp on these plans if you mean the quarter pipes I think the stats are 4ft high and 12ft wide. I'll try and find out and post up the stats. I'll stick up some photos of the Lisburn park in the next few days. I'm trying to find out more details on the Omagh park too.Just waiting on getting mails back from peeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tiki_dud

why the hell is there a 15 foot tll steel fence around the one park thats just stupid and i also agree that the mini pipe is quite strangely shaped. also, the size is pueny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Originally posted by shag
    What mini ramp there is no miniramp on these plans if you mean the quarter pipes I think the stats are 4ft high and 12ft wide.

That big/small thing standing in the front of the Waterford Public Skatepark picture with some retard walking up it is known as a mini ramp not a quater pipe

and that Lisburn temporary skatepark looks absolutly ****. We had a park out in Whitehall, all metal and the ramps were much higher. That lisburn 'park' will attract complete jokers to it and there will be no fun in it.

BURN its all crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

The temporyary park in Lisburn is over now , soon to be replaced by a permanent facility.
    Red Ice , I know theres a mini in waterford I've skated it, if you look at the title of this topic it's new NORTHERN skateparks.....I was refering to the plans for the park in Newtonards.
    If you want Bigger and better skateparks to be built then you'd better start fighting for what you want. I didn't see you at the SOPE meeting over the weekend ,there'll be another one in Dublin in about a month hopefully. I'll post the details here and you can come and find out how you can you can help fight for world quality skateparks in Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement