Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking accomadation online

Options
  • 14-07-2003 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm at present planning a holiday away to Italy. for the end of September. Going to need accomadation in Pisa and Florence (anybody have any suggestions). I was hoping to book the accomadation online but the thing is that I don't have a credit card. I don't want to get a credit card purely to be able to book the accomadation.

Is it ok to use somebody elses credit card (with their permission of course) to book the accomadation? Has anyone else done this? What does the hotel/hostel/B&B look for when you arrive?? Is there anything else I should know??

Thanks,
    A.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Its fine to book online with someone elses credit card. Theres generally two names to fill in - your name and the credit card holder(if its not you). You will need to know the billing address of the credit card but apart from that its easy.

I have booked accomodation online and it was all fine. I was careful to book a place that had good descriptions and pictures of the accomodation I would be getting.

As long as you're careful you shouldn't have any hassle, but there is always the risk that there may be problems that weren't mentioned on the website that would have stopped you from booking had you seen them first.

The peace of mind from having accomodation booked in advance is worth it though imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jordanf1

You should have no problem using a someone elses credit card as they generally do not charge anything to the card until you check out - the card is simply a security deposit. You can opt to pay cash instead at the check out time, hence nothing should appear on your friends visa card statement.

For hotels in Italy, I found the following site very good value:

www.venere.com

also, good deals on the ryanair hotels (www.ryanair.com)

Enjoy
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

This is a brilliant website which I use all the time for loads of cities and countries. Only thing is it works on late availability and only allows searches a couple of weeks in advance, but generally the closer you leave it, the cheaper it is

Laterooms Italy Page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Thanks a mill to everyone for replying.

I booked one of the places in Florence http://www.florenceby.com/abatjour/ with www.hostelworld.com. Looks like a lovely place and got alot of good reviews on the website www.venere.com, that jordanf1 mentioned. Thanks a mill for that site jordan as I am now looking for a place in Pisa to stay for one night and was glad to be able to read the reviews of people who had stayed at the hotels. It's amazing how your perception of a place from the pictures online can sometimes differ to the peoples experiences staying in the accomadation. Thanks again.

Oh yeah and if anyone knows of a good place to stay in Pisa let me know. Im concidering the Hotel Bologna it seems to be the best out of a bad lot, if the websites and reviews are anything to go by.

Thanks,
    A.

Advertisement