Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

downgrading sky sub

Options
  • 14-07-2003 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I am planning on downgrading my sky sub because I dont look at TV all that much any more and the only channel that I want to keep is 'Playhouse Disney' (for my 2 year old daughter, great channel for small kids, no ads as such) ... does anyone know what is the cheapest subscription that has this channel?...

The reason I am asking is that I cant find it in any channel listing other than in the Sky World package ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Go for the 19€ value pack pack and add disney at 6.35€

Tony

Originally posted by BigEejit
    I am planning on downgrading my sky sub because I dont look at TV all that much any more and the only channel that I want to keep is 'Playhouse Disney' (for my 2 year old daughter, great channel for small kids, no ads as such) ... does anyone know what is the cheapest subscription that has this channel?...

The reason I am asking is that I cant find it in any channel listing other than in the Sky World package ....

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Tony
    Go for the 19€ value pack pack and add disney at 6.35€

Tony

Ahhh ... music to my ears ... cheers for that Tony, saves me about €30 a month...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Or Knowledges Pack at about Euro 21 with many Discovery/Animal Planet.

The Disny is an addon to any non-premium pack always same prices.

CBBC and Cbbeebies are free via "other channels" and have less "American culturisation". Even with NO package.

(Save Euro 60 a month!)

Originally posted by watty
    Or Knowledges Pack at about Euro 21 with many Discovery/Animal Planet.
    The Disny is an addon to any non-premium pack always same prices.
    CBBC and Cbbeebies are free via "other channels" and have less "American culturisation". Even with NO package.
    (Save Euro 60 a month!)
    Hmmm ... interesting ... the Discovery channels are about the only ones I watch ... might go for that ...

What sub would I have to go for to have the Irish channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by BigEejit
    What sub would I have to go for to have the Irish channels?
    Minimum of Family pack @ 26.99 a month

• Advertisement

First of all, thanks to everyone for the info ... now I have one more question (honest :p)
    Originally posted by watty

Does anyone have the tuning details for these two channels? (or are the details online somewhere?) ... I'll have to have a look at them before making a decision.
    playhouse disney is kind of americanised (some american programming, like bear in the big blue house), but it isnt too much IMO....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

See the Sticky at the top of the page for Tuning info for the BBC channels.

Advertisement