Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Helens

Options
  • 14-07-2003 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Had intended to give Bing Bay a shot, but due to the large number of Dubs swimming (and the activities of a Jetski), moved to the pier in St Helens. Must say the weather was glorious. Caught 2 wrasse myself, and a guy next to me caught a nice Ballan. No Bass, though 1 of 8lbs or so was caught last week. This was caught on peeler, and there are no supplies for the moment in the local tackle shops, so I made do with rag.
    There was plenty of small boat activity along the carrigs (This is the shoal of rocks that sterches out from the north end of Bing bay). Someone said that they were pulling the bass in ovr there (he mentioned a crate or so !! :( ) What can you do..

Advertisement